Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Arrival

Bonjour tout le monde

I have successfully AND safely arrived in Dakar. I will probably have consistant internet connection for about a week. After that, I'm not sure really. The city seems very cosmopolitan and the people are very genial, and in the case of cab drivers at the airport, sometimes too genial. I have already met 12 of the 18 students. I'm sharing a room for the first week with two guys, Jon and Charles. The weather here is toute sweet. very warm during the day with cool breezes in the evenings and mornings.

I really like senegal so far. The entire country seems to really understand how to relax. Mostly everyone speaks french and they're quite happy to talk to you in the street. The food is deeeelicious. We ate rice and fish wih our hands today. We made a mess at first. But then the professors showed us how to roll everything into a ball and eat it cleanly.

No comments:

Post a Comment